PortEducation is an innovative distance learning program launched by seven leading scholars in the field of port management & development – all of them successfully cooperating in the knowledge dissemination platform PortEconomics.
The program brings together their expertise and covers all aspects of port development and management, that are essential for professionals and leaders in the sector.
Unique characteristics of the program
Expertise of a unique group recognised thought leaders that have shaped thought and practice in all parts of the world.
Industry-oriented course material – delivered by the scholars having first hand experience of the latest in the industry.
Combining self-study and meaningful personalised interactions with leading scholars.
An attractively priced distance learning – to be followed when and where participants want.
The program consists of four mandatory (M) modules that create a deep and broad understanding of the industry, and four electives (E) that allow participants to develop specialist knowledge.
For each module, participants get access to world class reading material and video lectures, both developed by thought leaders in the port industry.
For each module, participants make a tailor made assignment and get feedback from the instructors. Each module requires about 40 hours participant work and the whole program can be finished within 1 year based on a 1 day/ week commitment.
- Individuals working in the port industry (or with the ambition to start working in this industry) that want to broaden and deepen their understanding of the industry.
- Companies in the port industry (port authorities, terminal operators, shipping lines, freight forwarders and so on) that want to increase the knowledge of their employees.
- Professionals from service providers to the port industry (finance, insurance, IT, consulting, equipment and so on) that want to develop an in-depth understanding of the industry.
- Researchers and teachers that want to expand their knowledge of the port industry for teaching and/or research.
The fee of the eight modules Course is €4,600. Fee for any single module studied separately is €750.
Participants who purchase one specific module must pay the total fee at registration. Participants who study the whole course can pay the total fee at registration or pay the fee as follows:
- 50% of the fee at registration,
- 25% before starting the fifth module, and
- 25% before starting the seventh module.